Re: Cell brackets on left ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg80608] Re: Cell brackets on left ?
- From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
- Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:14:53 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: HPR <read at math.uvm.edu>
burns at rowland.harvard.edu wrote: > A colleague new to Mathematica asked if there was any way to put the > cell brackets on the left side of the notebook instead of the right. > He was having difficulty reading a title on the left and then moving > across a large expanse of white space to find the corresponding > bracket on the right to open it up, and asked if it wouldn't make more > sense to have the brackets on the left where they would be close to > the content of the cell. After browsing around the options inspector > and stylesheet editor, I'm pretty sure there isn't an option to do > that, but I'm wondering if that wouldn't be a useful option to have. > > Mike Burns In version 6, you can set in the Preferences (on the Interface tab) "Show open/close icon for cell groups". This gives you little icons on the left of the groups that you can click on to open/close the group. -- Helen Read University of Vermont