Re: Can't Save Style Sheet with Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg83855] Re: [mg83813] Can't Save Style Sheet with Notebook
  • From: "W. Craig Carter" <ccarter at>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 04:15:41 -0500 (EST)

There was a thread about this topic sometime in June or July
2007.  The trick involves setting MenuPosition option in the
notebook to a an integer less than some upper bound.

There is a nice discussion of this by J. Fultz in mathgroup
posting mg76590, and a step-by-step notebook to be found at
David Park's website:

I also had legacy stylesheets that I liked and had put some
effort into, but for Math6 I ended up using the following
solution: Pick a standard style sheet that you wish to
modify (this could be Default.nb).  Open a notebook, use
that style, edit the style sheet, save that edited (using
save as) style sheet in your own style-sheets library.  YOu
should be able to reopen and edit that save stylesheets, but
you have to open and "save as" explicitly.

I recreated my old style sheet. It was a bit of work, but
the product was superior to my 5 version.  Inheritance is
*very* useful for stylesheets.