Re: Re: Mathematica: Long divison for polynomials

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84004] Re: [mg83975] Re: Mathematica: Long divison for polynomials
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:19:44 -0500 (EST)
On 6 Dec 2007, at 16:37, Caren Balea wrote:

> Thank you for your answers!
>
> As the reply in the newsgroup is quite slow I did try a different
> newsgroup
> and receive an answer right after 21 minutes (rather than to have to
> wait
> a whole day in this newsgroup):
>
> http://groups.google.it/group/sci.math.symbolic/browse_thread/thread/bd8e9a5475af5fe9?hl=it
>
> There is also an interesting discussion about how meaningful it is
> to have a moderation in this particular newsgroup.
>
> Frankly, I agree with what they are saying.
> I'm curious though whether my post is going to be displayed or not.

Clearly it was. I think there is a place both for moderated and
unmoderated groups of this kind. I, for one, on principle avoid
participating in the second kind. In order to be able to tell how
"meaningful" it is to have moderation in this particular newsgroup you
would have to know some of the posts that got stopped by the
moderator. I personally find the moderator very useful even though, or
rather because, a few of them were mine.