Re: Area of inside contour of continuous function?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84238] Re: Area of inside contour of continuous function?
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:17:24 -0500 (EST)

This does the sort of thing that you want:

In[1]:= f[x_,y_,a_,b_]:=1-a x^2-b y^2;

In[2]:= Integrate[f[x,y,a,b]Boole[f[x,y,a,b]>k
f[0,0,a,b]],{x,-\[Infinity],\[Infinity]},{y,-\[Infinity],\[Infinity]},Assumptions->a>0&&b>0&&0<k<1]

Out[2]= -(((-1+k^2) \[Pi])/(2 Sqrt[a b]))

Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

news:fjun8o$24v$1 at smc.vnet.net...