Re: Remote Kernel does nothing

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73075] Re: [mg73026] Remote Kernel does nothing
  • From: Arturas Acus <acus at itpa.lt>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 03:31:07 -0500 (EST)

Dear Christop,

My configuration, which I used a year ago for linux to linux box was

In advanced options

Arguments to MLOpen

-LinkMode Listen -LinkProtocol TCP -LinkOptions MLDontInteract -LinkName
"3500" -LinkHost 193.219.x.x(remote host IP)

string to launch kernel :

ssh user at 193.219.x.x "math" -mathlink -LinkMode Connect -LinkProtocol
TCP -LinkName "3500" -LinkHost 193.219.y.y (local host IP)

You should configure that ssh client should connect without entering
password . (generate private public keys )

However instead of connecting remote kernel I would suggest You to make
computations on remote machine using vnc server. That is simply run on
remote machine xvnc server (I use tightvnc, but there are a lot of
other) then on local host run vnc client to connect vnc server.

This way is better, because You can completely turn off your local
computer not affecting remote computations.

--
Arturas Acus <acus at itpa.lt>