row,column question

If I have a 4x4 matrix and I postmultiply by {{1,0,0,bx}} I actually get
something like col1 + bx*col4

Is there any way of telling Mathematica to show the result in a symbolic form using
(for example, rows and columns) in this case.

NB. I've been playing with the AaddOn NCAlgebra, but not managed it with that
either.

thanks

JB