row,column question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73339] row,column question
  • From: John Biddiscombe <biddisco at cscs.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:54:51 -0500 (EST)

If I have a 4x4 matrix and I postmultiply by {{1,0,0,bx}} I actually get
something like col1 + bx*col4

Is there any way of telling Mathematica to show the result in a symbolic form using
(for example, rows and columns) in this case.

NB. I've been playing with the AaddOn NCAlgebra, but not managed it with that
either.

thanks

JB