Re: On AspectRatio

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72658] Re: [mg72650] On AspectRatio
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 04:18:38 -0500 (EST)

Measure your monitor's active display area with something precise.
Write it down in a List.

Hypothetical example (in inches):

monDim={10,8}

Record your current display resolution in a List:

Hypothetical example (in pixels):

resDim={1280,1024}

If resDim/monDim doesn't give a list of two *really* close numbers,
(in this case, the horizontal and vertical DPI in each direction) then
Mathematica's plots will have the wrong aspect ratio on screen.
Similarly, everything else on the screen will be distorted unless a
program is aware of the DPI mismatch and adjusts accordingly.

Similarly, Divide@@monDim and Divide@@resDim should also be *really* close.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/