what could cause a function "call" to not print during TracePrint?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72781] what could cause a function "call" to not print during TracePrint?
  • From: "Carmen SEITE" <carmen.seite at orange.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 01:53:34 -0500 (EST)

I have a function, XML`DocBook`Private`toStringKernel, that is being
called (because I can see it on the stack when I use Wolfram Workbench
to break at a message that is being thrown from inside
XML`DocBook`Private`toStringKernel), but which is not printed when I
use

TracePrint[
some command hat eventually calls XML`DocBook`Private`toStringKernel,
_XML`DocBook`Private`toStringKernel
]

Furthermore, the debugger seems unable to stop at the breakpoint I
have set at the definition of toStringKernel inside DocBook.m

So, what could cause a function to be invisible to TracePrint and/or
the WW debugger?

BTW, I already tried TracePrint with TraceInternal->True and had no luck.

Simple TracePrints work well:

In[1]:=
System`Dump`$MessagesInHelpBrowserAreKnown=False;
aaaa[_]:=(Message[aaaa::"argb",aaaa,1,2,4];Abort[])
TracePrint[1;2;3;XML`MathML`ExpressionToMathML[1];aaaa[4],_aaaa]