Re: Newbie question - saving file in command-line

You would be saving to a .m file because a .nb file isn't necessary in
terminal mode.

I believe the way to do this is by modifying $Pre and $Post, but I
have never tried it. The idea is to have Mathematica write out your commands
after parsing but before evaluation.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/