Re: [TS 1774]--Re:Wolfram Workbench: SVN & notebook diffs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72956] Re: [TS 1774]--Re:Wolfram Workbench: SVN & notebook diffs
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:10:36 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:30:00 UT, Tom Zeller <mathgroup at smc.vnet.net> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> The developer response on this one is:
>
> --------
>
> Writing diff tools that work better with notebooks is something we are
> considering, but it really is not trivial.
>
> There is some NotebookDiff[] functionality in AuthorTools already, which
> might be useful in the interim.
>
> --------
>
> Tom Zeller
> Wolfram Research Technical Support

Thanks for the update. In fact, it was NotebookDiff from Author Tools
that gave me the idea that notebook diffing could be integrated into
Workbench to the great benefit of users, since Workbench is one
application in which authors are likely to frequently encounter small
changes between notebooks.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/