eps exports with dashes in them (important - to me, anyway)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72959] eps exports with dashes in them (important - to me, anyway)
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:22:38 -0500 (EST)

If I issue the this command,

Export["C:\\windows.eps",Sqrt[21/x]]

, with a fresh kernel on Mathematica 5.2 in Windows. I get an output that looks like:

(use gsview and scroll down to see it)

http://test.chris.chiasson.name/Mathematica/windows.eps

This is ridiculous.

I have no idea why Mathematica is behaving this way. It did this once
before, in a more limited fashon. I made a thread about it here:

(this next url needs to be all on one line to load)

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/e5f1c88c86aeae49/

At the end of the thread, Bruce Miller essentially said, "There are
problems and we're working on them."

My Windows computer did not exhibit the problem for a long time
thereafter, but it started again a few days ago - and this time the
problem is much worse. I have tried a lot of different things to get
Mathematica to produce normal output, including completely
reinstalling my operating system and Mathematica from scratch.
However, this hasn't helped.

I don't have the problem on my Linux computer, but it has other
problems that prevent me from using it for production.

Any help you give is appreciated. Thank you.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/