Re: ParametricPlot3D- Line Thickness

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78699] Re: ParametricPlot3D- Line Thickness
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 06:02:10 -0400 (EDT)

John Wallbank wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know how to increase the thickness of the lines drawn using ParametricPlot3D in Mathematica 5.2?

Hi John,

According to the online documentation, "ParametricPlot3D[{a, a, a, s}, â?¦
] shades the plot according to the color specification s." You can use
this fourth argument to modify more than just the color, however. For
instance,

In[1]:=
ParametricPlot3D[{Cos[5*t], Sin[3*t], Sin[t], {AbsoluteThickness[3],
      Orange}}, {t, 0, 2*Pi}, PlotPoints -> 100];

[... graphic with a thick spiraling orange line deleted ...]

> Also would I be correct in thinking that there is no way of creating semi-transparent images using version 5.2?

I am afraid you are totally correct on that point.

Regards,
Jean-Marc