Re: why is Export to .SWF (Macromedia Flash file format) of a manipulate object so SLOOOOW ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg78928] Re: why is Export to .SWF (Macromedia Flash file format) of a manipulate object so SLOOOOW ?
  • From: Nasser Abbasi <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 05:58:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Jul 12, 2:43 am, Nasser Abbasi <n... at 12000.org> wrote:
> hi;
>
> Mathematica 6.0, Windows XP, 750 MB RAM, 2.4 Mhz P4 machine. Running
> Mathematica only, it takes about 20 minutes to export a manipulate
> object to Macromedia Flash file format (.swf).
>
> I do:
>
> u=Manipulate[....]
> Export["u.swf",u];
>
> and now I wait and wait and wait...
>
> anything one can do to speed this up?  I have not tried other formats.
> It might not be related to .swf format, but the export of manipulate
> itself is slow?
>
> thanks,
> Nasser

Here is a link to the notebook and the animation file also. May be I
am not doing something right in Manipulate to cause the Export[] to
take so long and someone can see it. This is my first Manipulate
program, I just started to learn it. So far, I like it.

http://12000.org/my_courses/FULLERTON_COURSES/summer_2007/Math_503/HW/HW6/index.htm

I like using Flash to export to. The file size is much smaller than
say AVI. So I think I will be using flash more to export to, but
having to wait 20-30 minutes each for the export to finish is too
long.

(May be I should just buy one of those fast intel  core2 PC with 20 GB
of RAM or something).

Nasser