Re: Copying cells in simple text form?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79050] Re: Copying cells in simple text form?
  • From: Peter Pein <petsie at dordos.net>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 03:19:22 -0400 (EDT)

AES schrieb:
> Is there a way to select a group of cells having different formats;
> copy them (using the "Copy As" menu command, or ???); and
> paste them into a text file, email message, or newsgroup posting
> so they appear exactly as they appear in normal notebook view?
>
> (That is, without all kinds of"\n" and "\(" and "\[Rule]" appearing the
> pasted content)
>
> I can't seem to find such . . .

Hi,

if you want the content of the cells appear as in "normal notebook view"
(I guess this means StandardForm, usual character-sets are not
sufficient. What you can do is:
- select the cells
- press Ctrl-Shift-I (Wndows / Linux) or select from the menu:
Cell->Display as->InputForm
- from the menu select Edit->Copy as->Plain text

but this procedure will replace some symbols (greek letter alpha for
instance) by their long Mathematica-name (\[Alpha]).

But this is the best I'm aware of.

Maybe this posting
(http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2003/Dec/msg00354.html) is
of interest?