Re: Plot without Show

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79198] Re: Plot without Show
  • From: dimitris <dimmechan at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 04:06:07 -0400 (EDT)

On 19     , 10:29, kitsche <kitsc... at romandie.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I often plot several functions with Plot or its siblings and at the end want to show a combined graph with all plots on it.
> p1 = Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,Pi}];
> p2 = Plot[Cos[x],{x,0,Pi}];
> Show[p1,p2];
>
> The output from the above are 3 plots, p1, p2 and the combined. How can I plot p1 and p2 silently, ie. without that their plot shows and only show the combined form?
>
> Thanks Karl

MathGroup is the propper place for asking questions
about Mathematica.
But why don't you spend a little more time with the Help Broswer?
The benefits will be many...
You can learn a program without reading its help
(the more the better!)

Also, it will be good to tell us the version you use (more
specifically B.R.
or A.R. which stands for Before Revolution and After  Revolution
respectively;
that is before and after Mathematica 6!)

In each case your question is answered (in the Help Broswer prior to
6, in
Documentation Pages in 6).

In version 5.2 excecute the command

FrontEndExecute[{HelpBrowserLookup["RefGuide", "DisplayFunction"]}]

and see the Further Examples

In version 6 try

p1 = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, Pi}];
p2 = Plot[Cos[x], {x, 0, Pi}];
Show[p1, p2]

and...wait from others (I don't have version 6) to explain you
what exactly has changed to version 6!

D.S.A.