Re: Embedded Style Sheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79172] Re: Embedded Style Sheets
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 03:26:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi John,

Here is a simple strategy that should work.  In fact its
generalizations can lead to some useful tools which I might integrate
into http://scientificarts.com/worklife/documentation/stylesheetspalette.html
(the documentation at that link is for the version of A WorkLife
FrameWork that is pre-Mathematica 6--I need to update it).

Here's an approach which is somewhat of a hack.  Perhaps there will be
tools placed in Mathematica that take on the tast of doing things like
this as well.

First--open your style sheet and copy all of the cells in it excluding
the cell that says "Inheriting Base definitions from ...".  I am
assuming that the base definitions that you are basing your style
sheet on are those of Default.nb.  If this si not correct, then
replace Default here and below with the stylesheet that you did base
your new one on.

Now open the notebook that you want to embed the style information
into (perhaps it is best, as it is always, to work on a copy of the
intended notebook).

Now, in that notebook, set the style sheet to be Default from the
Format>Stylesheet menu.

Next choose Format>Edit StyleSheet... from the Format menu.  This
brings up the Private Style Definitions, which are embedded in the
notebook.

Finally paste the cells that you copied previously from your
Stylesheet  into the Private Style definitions.

Close the  Private Style definitions and save your notebook.

This now can be transported with the style informatoin embedded in the
notebook.

I hope that this helps...

--David