Re: Embedded Style Sheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79175] Re: Embedded Style Sheets
  • From: Helen Read <read at math.uvm.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 03:27:51 -0400 (EDT)

John Browne wrote:
> I have followed the style sheet threads for 6 on the group, and
> appreciate David Park's and John Fultz's input. I have now created a
> (fairly complex) style sheet which does just what I want.
>
> My problem is:  How do I embed this new style sheet in a notebook for
> other people's use? Using the Edit Stylesheet ... menu item doesn't
> seem to provide a way.
>
> I would like to be able to send someone a notebook, and have them be
> able to open it, and see it as I intended, without my having to send
> them a separate style sheet that they have to install.
>
> Can this be done?

This has been asked before, and I don't believe anyone has found an
answer. I'd certainly like to know this too.

What I ended up doing is what I usually did in previous versions of
Mathematica anyway, which is to start with a blank file, edit its
stylesheet, and save the file. Then to make a file with this stylesheet
embedded in it, I simply open up my blank file and rename it whenever I
want. I keep copies of my template file on every computer that I use
(office, home, laptop, etc.) It might not be the most convenient thing
in the world, but it does work. (And you could always copy/paste the
content from your existing stylesheet into the stylesheet of a blank
file, so that you don't have to start over.)

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont