Re: Embedded Style Sheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79281] Re: Embedded Style Sheets
  • From: John Browne <john.browne at alum.unimelb.edu.au>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 03:45:36 -0400 (EDT)

SUMMARY

PROBLEM
How do I embed a new style sheet in a notebook for other people's use?

Thanks to Selwyn Hollis, David Park, David Reiss, and Helen Read for
the solution.

SOLUTION
Select your notebook and choose Format : Edit Stylesheet ...
Copy the contents of your new style sheet and overwrite the
"Inheriting base definitions from stylesheet ..." cell in the Style
Definitions notebook. (Other styles definitions should be preserved).

(I have only tested this on a new style sheet which inherits from
Default.nb)
__________________________________

This is a combination of Selwyn Hollis' and David Park's solution.

David Park also draws our attention to the fact that the "Inheriting
base definitions from stylesheet ..." cell in the Style Definitions
notebook provides a link to open the actual stylesheet.

David Reiss gives a more comprehensive description.

Helen Read proposes a neat shortcut to this process by keeping a
stock of blank notebooks with pre-embedded stylesheets. Or, once you
have one file with a pre-embedded style sheet, you can always make a
copy and delete its content.

John