Re: Usage Messages and Font Size in 6.0.1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79363] Re: Usage Messages and Font Size in 6.0.1
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:17:03 -0400 (EDT)

This seems to be because the usage message cells are now not editable
by default.  I am not sure why this design decision was made but it
seems rather too restrictive.

I also asked a question earlier on about the unusual form of CellStyle
specificatoin for these cells:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/aa875df9af2dac56/9bc9c6a1622c45e0

I mention this because one would need to be careful to take this
intoaccount when editing the default stylesheet to remove the locked
state of these cells.

The cell style in questoin is "PrintUsage", so

CellPrint[Cell["This is a cell", "PrintUsage"]]

yields a locked cell.

Edit in the base style sheet Core.nb, if you edit the PrintUsage style
so that it is no longer locked: Editable->True, you will again be able
to modify your Usage cells.  When you take a peek at Core.nb you'll
see that there are a number of other similar cells that have Editable-
>False as their default....

-David