Re: MathML applications

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79511] Re: MathML applications
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 05:32:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Jul 27, 5:20 am, Nathan Funk <nathan.f... at singularsys.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I work on a math expression parser (JEP, seehttp://www.singularsys.com/jep).
> My users seem interested in MathML functionality for the parser, so I
> am researching how MathML is commonly used. I am aware of the use of
> Presentation MathML for displaying math on the web for example, but
> I'm also curious about how Content MathML is being used.
>
> Do you use MathML? In what way? Can you think of any MathML utilities
> that you would find particularly useful?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nathan Funk

People don't seem to care much about MathML around here.

At least one of the open source CASes can do interactive input and
output in Content MathML.

I use MathML as one of many alternative output formats for equations
in my work.

MathML is annoying to use (extensively) in Mathematica because the
conversion isn't perfect.