Re: Re: Mathematica to .NET compiler

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79571] Re: [mg79530] Re: Mathematica to .NET compiler
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 05:21:50 -0400 (EDT)

>  But I can't imagine any fast possibility without strong binding of
> variables to types. And you do not like it, if I remember an other
> posting of you correctly.

IMHO:

Speed in a language or compiler decreases in importance according to
Moore's law, while the importance of flexibility and a short development
cycle increases to fill the vacuum thus created (and more). When
programmer productivity is properly considered, Mathematica's
pattern-matching will, over the long haul, be far more useful than another
language's strong typing.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com