A cell style question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79589] A cell style question
  • From: Fred Simons <f.h.simons at tue.nl>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:45:46 -0400 (EDT)

In a notebook I want to create a cell style called EmphasisText, which
must be identical to the default text style, but with a yellow
background and a black line in front. Hence in the style sheet I entered
the following:

Cell[StyleData["EmphasisText"],
"Text",
Background->RGBColor[1,1,0],
CellMargins->{{3,0},{0,0}},
MenuPosition->1420]

Here "Text" is used in the hope that all settings of Text will be
inherited by EmphasisText. But it does not work. Replacing "Text" with
"Input" or even "Title" does not have any effect.

Of course I can copy and paste all settings for the text style into this
cell. But that would mean that when in the future the settings of the
text style change, I have to enter manually the new settings. Is there a
way for automatically importing the settings for the text cell in the
cell defining EmphasisText?

Regards,

Fred Simons
Eindhoven University of Technology