Re: Re: StackGraphics[] absent in Mathematica 6.0?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg79605] Re: [mg79505] Re: [mg79446] StackGraphics[] absent in Mathematica 6.0?
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:04:56 -0400 (EDT)

 I can see the logic in not loading---by default---certain features which many
people might never use. However, "StackGraphics" is one of those (to me) very
useful commands which has saved me several times, and which I would not like
to see go away. I'm a little concerned that it'll either fall by the wayside,
or everything else will "upgrade" to the extent that it will no longer be
very functional.
   Things like the "Column" command were useful to me in the past, but that
can be easily replaced by an equivalent "Part" command. "StackGraphics", on
the other hand, seems to have no easy replacement.
   Why must Mathematica _lose_ certain functionalities?

On Saturday 28 July 2007 03:29:26 Maarten van der Burgt wrote:
> Luiz,
>
> You can still use the legacy Graphics3D package (I am running 6.0.1).
>
> Maarten
>
> <<graphics`graphics3d`
> General::obspkg: Graphics`Graphics3D` is now obsolete. The legacy version
> being loaded may conflict with current Mathematica functionality. See the
> Compatibility Guide for updating information. >>
> ListSurfacePlot3D::shdw: Symbol ListSurfacePlot3D appears in multiple
> contexts {Graphics`Graphics3D`,System`}; definitions in context
> Graphics`Graphics3D` may shadow or be shadowed by other definitions. >>
>
> ?StackGraphics
> StackGraphics[{g1, g2, ...}] generates a Graphics3D object corresponding to
> a "stack" of two-dimensional graphics objects.

Curtis Osterhoudt
cfo at remove_this.lanl.and_this.gov
PGP Key ID: 0x4DCA2A10