Re: v6: still no multiple undo?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77354] Re: [mg77225] v6: still no multiple undo?
  • From: Selwyn Hollis <sh2.7183 at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 03:49:55 -0400 (EDT)

Ah, that's at the top of my gripes list too. I'm pretty sure that
Undo is even less functional in 6 than in 5.2.

Another shortcoming is the lack of AutoSave or AutoBackup capability.
It's too easy to lose track of time, crash, and then discover that
you haven't saved anything in 2 hours. (Or maybe its just dementia on
my part.) I've created a little palette of my own with an AutoSave
function that saves the InputNotebook[] every few minutes. That works
pretty well, and if anyone would like to test it, let me know. I've
made an attempt at an AutoBackup function, but I don't know how to
make it sufficiently non-intrusive.

-- Selwyn