Re: Background Option in LocatorPane

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg77710] Re: [mg77637] Background Option in LocatorPane
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 04:37:58 -0400 (EDT)

I'm getting similar results, perhaps...

The problem doesn't start until I cursor inside one of the graphics. At
that point, the Pink and Yellow backgrounds disappear (and they never come
back), but the Green one isn't affected.

But wait! Further testing shows the behavior depends on how wide I've
extended the notebook boundaries -- whether the graphics are a single row
or have wrapped onto two lines, etc. If I narrow the window until the
graphics appear as a single column, it's only the first background that
goes away.

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 04:25:51 -0500, David Park <djmpark at> wrote:

> In the following example from LocatorPane:
> Table[
>  LocatorPane[{0, 0},
>   Graphics[{Gray, Disk[]}],
>   Background -> c,
>   ImageSize -> 100],
>  {c, {Pink, Green, Yellow}}]
> why does the background color disappear as soon as one scrolls the cell
> off
> screen and back, or indeed as soon as one puts the pointer into one of
> the
> LocatorPanes?

DrMajorBob at