Running Mathematica 6.0 on FC6: FT_Load_Sfnt_Table error

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg77784] Running Mathematica 6.0 on FC6: FT_Load_Sfnt_Table error
  • From: Rupesh <rupesh.nanjunda at>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 04:01:56 -0400 (EDT)

hi guys,
I am having trouble running mathematica on fedora core 6 system. I was
able to install it without any problems, but when I type the command:
mathematica, I get the following error message:

symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/ undefined symbol:

Did googling on the "FT_Load_Sfnt_Table" and mathematica keyword, but
could not find anythind related to my error message.

Wolfram has an example of how to run mathematica, after first

The first past is working, but have problems with the FrontEnd part.

I tried adding the appropriate directories into the PATH and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But still get the error message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have Fedora core 2.6.18-1.2869.fc6 #1 SMP i686 on HP xw4400 Core 2
Duo. Thanks again guys.