Running Mathematica 6.0 on FC6: FT_Load_Sfnt_Table error

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77784] Running Mathematica 6.0 on FC6: FT_Load_Sfnt_Table error
  • From: Rupesh <rupesh.nanjunda at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 04:01:56 -0400 (EDT)

hi guys,
I am having trouble running mathematica on fedora core 6 system. I was
able to install it without any problems, but when I type the command:
mathematica, I get the following error message:

"/usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/6.0/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/Binaries/Linux/Mathematica:
symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol:
FT_Load_Sfnt_Table"

Did googling on the "FT_Load_Sfnt_Table" and mathematica keyword, but
could not find anythind related to my error message.

Wolfram has an example of how to run mathematica, after first
installation.

http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/TestingTheInstallationOnUnixAndLinux.html

The first past is working, but have problems with the FrontEnd part.

I tried adding the appropriate directories into the PATH and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But still get the error message.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have Fedora core 2.6.18-1.2869.fc6 #1 SMP i686 on HP xw4400 Core 2
Duo. Thanks again guys.

sickrupi