Re: PrimePi and limit of argument

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg77994] Re: PrimePi and limit of argument
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 05:37:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Robert,

you have a misunderstanding. 64 bit computer means that the bus is 64

bit wide, it can fetch 64 bits in one go. Number representation however

is quite another thing. Machine precision (double) is always 64 bit on

32 or 64 bit computers. You will always get the same result, although

required times may differ.

hope this helps, Daniel