Re: Re: PrimePi and limit of argument

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg78128] Re: [mg78087] Re: [mg77911] PrimePi and limit of argument
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 07:15:53 -0400 (EDT)

That's not quite right: in the case of solving polynomial equations
in terms of radicals there is a mathematical limitation, in the other
case there is a limitation of the particualr implementation. The
value of PrimePi[10^15]  is well known, in fact it is:

In Mathemaitca you can get a pretty good approximation by evaluating:

Andrzej Kozlowski