Data Export to Excel, Reals or now Strings?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg78230] Data Export to Excel, Reals or now Strings?
  • From: kristoph < at>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 04:34:52 -0400 (EDT)

I exported simulated data to manipulate it in excel. The problem that
I have is that sometimes not always a data point  is exported to excel
like the following:
(this is suppose to be one number)

instead of
which is the result calculated by Mathematica 5.2.

I would like to import the data back to Mathematica after the
manipulations which result in errors during calculations since some of
the data point, like the one above are now stings and not reals.

Thanks for help