Re: Problem with reading version 4.2 DumpSave files,...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg75547] Re: Problem with reading version 4.2 DumpSave files,...
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 05:53:51 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi, and using the old binary package for binary import/export in 4.2 and usging BinaryImport/BinaryExport in the newer version can't help ? Regards Jens terry wrote: > Dear Mathematica Guru's, > > Because of a Mathematica bug (which still isn't fixed in the just > released version 6), my version 4.2 DumpSave files cannot be read by > my version 5.2. So as a result I'm trying to find a way to _exactly_ > write out these numbers to a pure ascii text file from within 4.2, > then read them in as text and convert them back into number form > within 5.2 without losing any digits. Any idea's how I could > accomplish this simply? > > Note that simply saving the approximate real numbers with Save and > retreiving them will not work in this case because Save 'distorts' > the numbers even if they are loaded back into the same version of > Mathematica (when it converts to base 10 and back). > > Thanks in advance! > > Regards, > Terry > >