General::obspkg and "Compatibility Guide"???

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75614] General::obspkg and "Compatibility Guide"???
  • From: beckman <bc.beckman at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 01:58:37 -0400 (EDT)

Hello -- I'm trying to get my old notebooks to work in Mathematica 6. I use
"TranslateShape," for instance, just about everywhere.
"TranslateShape" used to be defined in Graphics`Shape`. But that's now
obsolete, and I get the following error message

<<Graphics`Shapes`

General::obspkg: Graphics`Shapes` is now obsolete. The legacy version
\
being loaded may conflict with current Mathematica functionality. See
\
the Compatibility Guide for updating information.

If I highlight "TranslateShape" and press F1, I get a search
failure ... (Transforming XML (XML Package Tutorial)

If I highlight General::obspkg and press F1, I get a search
failure ... (did not match any documents)

If I search for "Compatibility Guide" I get nothing

I'm completely hosed. The old stuff I needed for everything is just
*poof* gone without a trace.

Clues, anyone?