How to get sqrt(Year^2)===Year?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75724] How to get sqrt(Year^2)===Year?
  • From: Hatto von Aquitanien <abbot at AugiaDives.hre>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 04:33:05 -0400 (EDT)

If I have some expression which takes the square root of a square, it
evaluates leaving the whole square root expression unchanged.

Year == (Year^2)^(1/2)

just returns what I entered when evaluated.

Year == Year

evaluates to True.

How do I persuade Mathematica to evaluate the first expression completely?
--
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ek5w_wtc7-the-smoking-gun-of-911-updated
http://911research.wtc7.net