Re: Mathematica v6: Slower in the following fields

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75793] Re: Mathematica v6: Slower in the following fields
  • From: Guy lamouche <noemail at noemail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 05:25:47 -0400 (EDT)

ListDensityPlot is behaving way much different than before. If you have a
large image, it is indeed very slow (but very nice when done!!!!). I
faced the same problem. I don't need the interpolation feature since my
images are usually very large. I ended up using Graphics[Raster[]]. If
you play around with the options (and I must admit that the new help
system is more pleasant to play with in that regard), you can get a good
speed. Avoid ArrayPlot and MatrixPlot for large datasets, Graphics[Raster
[]] is way much faster.

Example:
aa=Table[RandomReal[] ,{i,1.,1000.},{j,1.,1000.}];
Graphics[Raster[aa,{{-10,-10.},{10.,10.}},{Min[aa],Max[aa]},
	ColorFunction->"BlueGreenYellow"],ImageSize->500,Frame->True]

Guy Lamouche

"alexxx.magni at gmail.com" <alexxx.magni at gmail.com> wrote in news:f1s1fa
$fbo$1 at smc.vnet.net: