Re: How to get sqrt(Year^2)===Year?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg75766] Re: [mg75724] How to get sqrt(Year^2)===Year?
- From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 05:11:23 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <23198170.1178701346748.JavaMail.root@m35>
- Reply-to: drmajorbob at bigfoot.com
Use PowerExpand. Bobby On Wed, 09 May 2007 03:33:05 -0500, Hatto von Aquitanien = <abbot at AugiaDives.hre> wrote: > If I have some expression which takes the square root of a square, it > evaluates leaving the whole square root expression unchanged. > > Year == (Year^2)^(1/2) > > just returns what I entered when evaluated. > > Year == Year > > evaluates to True. > > How do I persuade Mathematica to evaluate the first expression = > completely? -- = DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com