Re: Can one retain ver 5.1 if downloading ver 6.0?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg75799] Re: Can one retain ver 5.1 if downloading ver 6.0?
- From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 05:18:26 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Rob, I have version 5.1 and 6.0 running on the same computer. The only problem I had was with customized initialization files under the $BaseDirectory and $UserBaseDirectory that were not compatible. I had to move them under the $InstallationDirectory. hope this helps, Daniel rob wrote: > I'm tempted to buy the 6.0 update but can't seem to find out > whether I can retain the old ver 5.1 if I do that. > > I've got hundreds of notebooks that run on 5.1 and I can't > afford some of them not running under 6.0. Anyone know? Thanks. >