Re: Re: Can one retain ver 5.1 if downloading ver 6.0?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75814] Re: [mg75786] Re: Can one retain ver 5.1 if downloading ver 6.0?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 05:26:26 -0400 (EDT)

You may also want to manage your mathpass files so as to keep separate
versions, one for each version of Mathematica, in the respective
Configuration\Licensing directories of the installation directories.

Unless I recall wrongly, under Windows at least, Mathematica tries to
put the mathpass file in the user's
  Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\Mathematica\Licensing
directory.  In the past I've had trouble when that happens, since when
the new version was installed it prepended the new password information
to the existing mathpass file there.

This problem happened only when one or the other of the versions had an
explicit expiration date.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305