Re: 6.0 not seeing style sheets in $InstallationDirectory/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg75811] Re: 6.0 not seeing style sheets in $InstallationDirectory/SystemFiles/FrontEnd/StyleSheets
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 05:24:51 -0400 (EDT)

This is someting for WRI to answer.  But in the soon-to-be-released
version Mathematica 6 compatible of A WorkLife FrameWork the
StyleSheets Palette does list all fo these style sheets (as well as
any others that are installed on your system).

It is possible that the reasoning of WRI on this is that the new
scheme for style sheets is replacing the older one. The new on is more
like CSS for HTML and is much better to work with (especially when one
is adding one's own style definitions to already existing style
sheets.  But I do think that there needs to be a mechanism for folks
to use the legacy style sheets that are in their system, and that is
why I include all installed style sheets in  A WorkLife FrameWork's
StyleSheets Palette  .

Best,

David

http://scientificarts.com/worklife