Re: Mathematica 6.0 and MatrixManipulations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76313] Re: Mathematica 6.0 and MatrixManipulations
  • From: Mark Fisher <mark at markfisher.net>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 04:46:41 -0400 (EDT)

I see. And one can overload DiagonalMatrix to produce block-diagonal
matrices:

unprotected = Unprotect[DiagonalMatrix];
DiagonalMatrix[listOfBlocks : {__?MatrixQ}] :=
   Block[{x}, With[{a = Array[x, Length[listOfBlocks]]},
        ArrayFlatten[DiagonalMatrix[a] /. Thread[a -> listOfBlocks]]
   ]]
Protect[unprotected//Evaluate];

m1 = {{1,2},{3,4}};
m2 = {{5,6,7},{8,9,10},{11,12,13}};