  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg76882] $10K Mathematica Machine
  • From: Scott <sguthery at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 04:59:58 -0400 (EDT)

I have $10K to spend on a computer dedicated to running Mathematica.
I mostly do long number theory computations with lots of very big
integers and rational numbers.  I seek to do bigger ones faster.

Your suggestions as to the nature of the best computer configuration
for this purpose are solicited and greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Scott