Re: The Requested Evaluator ...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg76964] Re: The Requested Evaluator ...
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 03:13:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Hi, at some times, one wishes to evaluate the command on a second kernel because it run on a faster machine, or is a old 5.2 kernel ... and than the Evaluator option is set to an other than the default kernel and if you don't has this kernel you got this error message. Regards Jens alexxx.magni at gmail.com wrote: > Sometimes, it happens that I receive a popup saying (under the title > "Why the beep?"): > "The requested evaluator is not currently defined" > > I've been unable until now to understand its origin, and the Messages > window remains empty. > I don't think it's me programming in a weird way, since, e.g., I get > it twice with the conference notebook at http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Conferences/6536/ > : once at the opening of the file, and a second time after it > redisplays the notebook. After that, everything is normal. > > any help will be deeply appreciated... > > P.S. v.6.0 under Linux > > Alessandro Magni > >