Exporting Graphics into PowerPoint - Font Problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82834] Exporting Graphics into PowerPoint - Font Problems
  • From: "Hurschler, Christof" <christof.hurschler at annastift.de>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 05:07:55 -0500 (EST)

First of all, excuse me if this has been discussed before, I'm new to the list and did not find any real answers in the archive.

I have had the problem that Graphics with text, which have been copied using right-click:copy as:Metafile, and pasted into PowerPoint are only displayed properly on computers with Mathemaica installed (in this case 5.1.0.0).  Installing the Mathemaica Fonts solves the problem, but this is not always possible, for example at some conferences venues.

I find this behavior particularly annoying since I am using:
TextStyle=AE{FontFamily=AE"Ariel",FontSize=AE12,FontWeight->"Bold"}
and thus expect that no exotic fonts are included in the graphic. Upon closer inspection I find that a font named Mathematica2, somehow sneaks in anyways.
Has anyone figured out how to clean up exported graphics to be sure no unusual fonts are included that may not be present on a local computer?
Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Best regards,

Christof Hurschler
PD Dr.-Ing. Christof Hurschler (Ph.D.)
Labor f=FCr Biomechanik und Biomaterialien
Orthop=E4dische Klinik der MHH
Anna-von-Borries-Str. 1-7
D-30625 Hannover
+49-0511-5354-647 Voice