  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg82866] Zoom2D
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 05:24:29 -0500 (EST)

since I posted the Zoom2D utility I got a few complains that it is not

working properly with complicated graphics.

The main problem seems that on clicking on a graphics you get a data

structure "GraphicsBox" that I could not find any documentation. This

structure is not behaving well for complicated graphics. Mainly the

location of the upper/right and lower/left corner of the graphics is

reported wrongly. Therefore, it is possible that the locators are

msiplaced by Zoom2D.

I also eliminated another possible source of troubles: the undocumented

statement: "BoxForm`ClosingSaveDialog" that gives error messages on some

machines, but not on all. I am not able to tell why.

Therefore here is a new version that should give less troubles:

No Input available."],DefaultButton[]}];Return[];

,Row[{TextCell["AspectRatio fixed: