Re: Re: Parallel computations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82872] Re: [mg82820] Re: Parallel computations
  • From: Stefan Porubsky <porubsky at cs.cas.cz>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 03:24:28 -0500 (EST)

Jens-Peer Kuska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since when a C/C++ compiler generate parallel code with out
> any help and with out an extension like OpenMP or TBB ??
>
> Regards
>    Jens
>
> linuxl4 at sohu.com wrote:
>
>> if you are a fortran or C programmer, a multi-core processor will
>> benefit you. so does mathematica.

Hi all,

thanks for the answers. Unfortunately, I am neither  a Fortran nor a C
programmer. To be more precise, it is not clear to me, what is better
for Mathematica (Personal Grid) parallel computations, a multi-core
processor machine or one with more processors?  And what about the
question of  the relation to shared cache?

Thanks and regards,

Stefan