Re: $UserBaseDirectory

thomas wrote:

> I wold like to change the default location of the $UserBaseDirectory.
> All I can find in the documentation and in the forum is that I need to
> set the environmental variable MATHEMATICA_USERBASE upon startup, but
> it doesn't say anywhere how to do that.
>
> What - explicitly -  do I have to do?
>
> Let's say, I want to set $UserBaseDirectory to C:\MyMathDirectory.
>
> If I am successful, do I need to copy the directory structure from the
> old directory to the new one in order for Mathematica to run smoothly
> afterwards?
>
> Windows XP Professional
> Mathematica 6.0.1

The following document(s) should tell you all.

"Setting environment variables" from the _Windows XP Professional
Product Documentation_ -> _Performance and maintenance_, available at

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/environment_variables.mspx?mfr=true

(Note that the procedure is not specific to Mathematica but applies to a
wide range of applications installed on Windows.)

Regards,
--
Jean-Marc