Editing one's own default StyleSheet?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83080] Editing one's own default StyleSheet?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 03:37:38 -0500 (EST)

OK, I've created a blank notebook called "myDefault.nb" that I want to
use as the default stylesheet for all (or at least the vast majority) of
my notebooks.

And, I've stored it away in my user Library:

      ~/Users/AES/Library/Mathematica/SystemFiles
                                    /FrontEnd/StyleSheets/myDefault.nb

And, I've used the Option Inspector (with a random notebook open on
screen) to set the global option DefaultStyleDefinitions to this file,
so it will become my default style.

And, it all seems to work:  myDefault.nb appears in the Stylesheet menu,
with rules above and below it; Default.nb above it; and Article, Book,
and Creative folders below it.

OK, so far, so good? . . . I've done this right?   If so, now:

1)  Can I get myDefault.nb to show as checked in the Stylesheet menu?

2)  So far, I've changed the typefaces for some of the styles to suit me
-- all OK.  But what's the option I need to modify to get rid of the
rule or overbar in the Section style?  (which I personally think is not
just an unnecessary but a very unattractive default choice)