Re: DelaunayTriangulation[] output

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg83231] Re: DelaunayTriangulation[] output
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:45:50 -0500 (EST)

Here is one way of doing approximately what you want based on the
documentation for the Computational Geometry Package.

Set up the package and an example set of data.

<< ComputationalGeometry`

Here is my quick and dirty extraction of triangles. I take each adjacency
list and partition it into overlapping pairs, then prepend the reference
node to form a triple, then sort the resulting triple (in preparation for
the Union later), then flatten all these triples into a flat list of
triples, then do a Union to eliminate common triples, leaving you with a
list of triples that are the triangles that you wanted.

Compare the graphics in the following two outputs:

You see that the results are nearly the same except at the boundary. I hope
this gets you near to what you wanted.

Steve Luttrell
West Malvern

news:fhegn1$m6p$1 at