Re: DelaunayTriangulation[] output

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83230] Re: DelaunayTriangulation[] output
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:45:19 -0500 (EST)

Dominick,

you'd be interested in the function imsDelaunayIncidents

http://www.imtek.uni-freiburg.de/simulation/mathematica/IMSweb/imsTOC/Computational%20Geometry/Meshes/MesherUtilitiesDocu.html

you can download the IMS at

http://www.imtek.uni-freiburg.de/simulation/mathematica/IMSweb/

There is also an interface to QHull in IMS.

Oliver

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Dominick wrote:

> Hi guys I was wondering if you could                      help me with a couple of problems im having.                    I'm writing a program that when given two images it creates a morph in between them.The algorithm im implementing uses control points i choose on the image and them triangulates the the images using those control points.I then use the subsquent triangles to create a 1 to 1 correspondance between the 2 images. Im using the DelaunayTriangulation[] command  to do the triangulation for me.Well my problem is the output of DelaunayTriangulation. I need a triangle list ie;
>

>                           i  j k
>                           1  5 2
>                           2  3 7
>                           . . .
>

>       where i,j,k are the vertices of the triangle
>  but DelaunayTriangulation outputs an adjacency list ie
>

>      { {i,{points that are connected to i},..}
>

> I was wondering if anyone knew how to convert this list to the triangle based list i need.If i get this figured out then 90%+ of the program is done.I appreciate any help.

Oliver Ruebenkoenig, <ruebenko AT uni-freiburg.de>