Re: Solving Differential Equations with Vectors

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg83268] Re: Solving Differential Equations with Vectors
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:36:20 -0500 (EST)

For starters, you could read the documentation on DSolve rather than
expecting the rest of us to do it for you. (Your syntax below is
completely hosed.) If you do that, then you could look at some of the
examples that use coupled equations.

You will probably also need to look at Thread to correctly equate
vectors, initial conditions, etc., e.g.

c={1, 2};
Thread[v == c]

ram.rachum at wrote:
> I'm working on simulations of physical systems, and I need to solve
> DEs that include vectors. But DSolve won't let me input equations with
> vectors! Here's an example:
> DSolve[{x[t] == {5, 0}}, {x[t]}, t]
> It generates Solve::eqf.
> Anyone has any idea what to do?