Problems with Mathematica text in email

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83550] Problems with Mathematica text in email
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 05:01:04 -0500 (EST)

I have noticed recently that a number of posts show text with powers and
other symbols. For example, x^2+y^2==z^3 shows up with the nice
exponentials in the text rather than what I just showed. I am not sure
how this was copied, but I can't get it. Anyway, when I copy such things
into a notebook it comes out as x2+y2==z3, which makes it difficult to use.

Is there a way to copy this stuff into a notebook so it does it
correctly? If not, then it would be nice if posters would Copy As Plain
Text. Does anyone else have this problem? I am using Thunderbird under WXP.

Kevin

--

Kevin J. McCann
Research Associate Professor