Re: Manipulate is sluggish?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg83687] Re: Manipulate is sluggish?
  • From: Tom Burton <news at>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 05:36:06 -0500 (EST)

Yes, one objective was to show that my home-spun conversion formula
is wrong or inconsistent with Mathematica. I derived it from an
inverse formula, also "wrong", pulled from the Internet (http://

ToColor seems not to work with symbols. I'll try to infer the correct
formulas by studying numerical outputs of ToColor.

I hadn't known of ToColor. Thanks for bringing it to our attention,
however, I hesitate to use or recommend ToColor to others in this
group. ToColor seems to be one those twilight functions that is
documented in the kernel but not in on-line help. I can find it
neither in v5's Master Index nor via v6's search box. Perhaps we are
"not supposed" to use it? But we use what we must :-)

Meanwhile, I hope someone can address the subject of my posts. Thanks
in advance.

When responding, please replace news with my first initial and full
last name, as one word.

Tom Burton